Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Birds in cages

The flowers are wired together to make a swag to drape over the cage. The bird inside is grungeboard which has been triple embossed to give it more substance. I used shrink plastic to make some smaller birds and buttterflies, drawn freehand and then I used glossy accents to make them shiny. I hung some charms and keys and also used the Tim Holtz birdcage die to make some tiny shrink plastic birdcages.

Configuration boxes. Painted with acrylic paint mixed with pearl lustre to give it a nice shine.


A frame with flowers and charm, Tim Holtz accents. Metal adhesive tape covers the box joins as I don't yet have any tissue tape. I made another swag of flowers for the top. I am still deciding whether to put the feet on or leave it to hang on the wall. The birdcages are charms and a necklace that I got online.
Ornamental border from grungepaper cut on the Cricut using the new Ornamental Iron Cart, inked and glossy accents.
Tiny birdbath is from a dolls house furniture collection.

I have gone a bit mad on the birdcage theme. It all started with a little cage for nightlights that I got in the charity shop. Then I went shopping and got some of the new Tim Holtz Configuration Boxes an dies that just came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)