Take a charity shop bargain, mirror for 50p and get messy :-) I found this on one of my rummaging sessions and it is a nice'ish little mirror but it needed work to turn it from boring cream to something prettier. Cheap objects like this are great for practicing on, after all if it goes wrong it goes back to the charity shop!! It gave me a chance to try out some of my new stuff and stash bust my old too. So here is how I did this with as many details as I can recall.
|Lol, the downside of trying to photograph mirrored objects|
The wood frame is painted in pearl acrylic paints, I tried to get the brush marks to show for effect so a dry brush method on the final coat helps. I used two colours of pale blue's .
Randon stamping using faded jeans distress ink and with a brick effect and crackle stamp to suggest texture.
The torn paper is two pages from an old flower book, I washed this with a wet brush with hardly any paint on to hint at colour. Run through the Cuttlebug in a bark effect folder and a flowery one, then did "ink to paper" with distress ink to show up some of the embossing detail. Tear into pieces and inked the edges with more faded jeans ink and stuck on with wet glue
Martha Stewart's NEW silicone moulds for the letters made with UTEE, these are great and give great results, the letters come out so easily and they are quite detailed tooPour UTEE onto Texture tread rubber and use a butterfly cutter, Shape while still warm, brushed with Mica powder. The other small butterfly is a Martha Stewart mould. Various die cut leaves and sprigs were dipped into clear UTEE as well as the flowers
Paper for the flowers is K & Co
I used Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, Marianne and Crafts Too die's for flowers and leaves. I love the look they have after being dipped into UTEE, like real crystal flowers
Close up's of the book pages after inking, embossing and tearing
Thanks for looking xx