Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Needle Felting




Oh Oh Oh new toy !!!!!!!! I invested in a needle felting kit and its fab. Its sooooo easy to do and I haven't stabbed myself once...YET lol This is my first attempt, well actually I made a butterfly first but that was rubbish :-( I used one of Noahs old vests as a backing for it as I needed a piece of fabric and he had outgrown it! I lightly inked it all over with some distress inks so any bits that might show through weren't a stark white and took it from there. I have a fairly limited selection of wool so that curbed my ideas a bit but I really like this and the little lambs are so cute. I used regular fibres for some of the accents, like the fence and sheeps legs as they felted really well and I think the tree is quite effective made from eyelash wool. I was going to use it as a cover for a book but think I might frame this one and make a more abstract design as a book cover.
Thanks for looking
xx

1 comment:

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)