Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Altered Book


I have wanted to make an Altered book for some time and have viewed numerous ideas and ways to do it but could not get my head to work!! I found this book in a Charity shop and it was just right as its old and thin so I could just take out some pages and get going. I want to do a thicker one with a Secret Drawer in and a recess to hold a collage but that will be for another day.

I was going to make this into a tutorial but its so time consuming its just not feasable on here so I have just photographed the finished pages. If you want to have a try there are lots of You Tube videos with them on and a previous craft magazine has a brilliant tutorial by Jane Dean well worth a look,and in fact thats what finally inspired me to get on with it. I love the fact that is totally a book full of randomness (is that a word) and you can really let your mind go mad with one of these.

There was an element of organisation involved as I assembled Stamps, papers, elements etc before I began then I prepared the basic book by pulling out pages to make room for embellishments so it will actually close!! when its done, then Gesso and paint a background colour on each page. I spent some time making the embellishments from grungeboard, chipboard etc then it as just down to putting it all together. I still need to add a closure for it, need to shop for a Bind-it all strap closure when I get time. The some of the papers are Crafty Individuals and stamps from Paper Artsy, I just love them so much

I hope you like it and have a go at making one yourself they are a lot of fun.
xxx


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous book, love every page and every element.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, love every page and every element. Exceptional for a first attempt. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, love every page and element. Exceptional for a first attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, exception effort for a first attempt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Gorgeous, love every page and element. Exceptional for a first attempt. Well Done

    ReplyDelete

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)