Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

Beehive Album

















Great excitement, my bargain auction Cricut cart arrived today, its A Walk in my garden. I couldn't wait to try it out and going with my current fascination for Bee's I had to do the hive. I was not sure where this was going but after I had made the initial pages these photo's came to mind of Noah arranging a bunch of Sunflowers and it just sort of happened.

Cricut Cut File is HERE

I cut the Hives at 6" so I could get 4 out of a 12 x 12 sheet, I have the Cricut software so with some turning they fit just fine. I cut the mounts a little smaller and used the bubble cuttlebug folder to emboss them( spot the one I missed !! ) I put a few bees into the gaps to use up the paper round the hives. I cut some flowers from my "Shaving Foam" papers and grass from Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge finished with a little distress ink. I manipulated the photo's on my PC to fit the hives and mounted onto card and decorated with a corner punch. Raided my button box for buttons and bugs to finish it and a ring to bind. I tried one segment of Bind it all but it wouldn't work. It took very little time (hope it doesn't look to bad because of that) all in all about 2 hours.

This was to be a little brag book for my mum, Noah's Great Grandma, but I like it so much I might have to set to and make another for her tomorrow :-)

2 comments:

  1. that is amazing Sandra - Noah is so photogenic isnt he, must be easy taking photos of him!!!
    chat soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw the piccie on trimmie, but to see pics of all the pages is fantastic. well done, both of these rae fantastic albums
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)