This little tree measures about 5 inches high and was an experiment as a topper for my Matchbox Advent Calendar (details to follow)
- I just cut a 7" circle and used one quarter curled round to make a cone shape.
- put double sided tape round at 1/2 increments all the way up ( this varies on the size of your cone, less of a gap makes a fuller tree)
- use frilled quilling paper or make your own by snipping/fringing 1/2 inch wide lengths of coloured paper, the larger the tree the wider the paper would need to be
- stick round the cone so that each layer slightly overlaps
- fluff up the frill to make it stick out
- add some mini pompoms