- Iron double sided bonding web to some pieces of fabric (you don't have to do all the patterns just half as they will be fused to the others), peel off the backing and iron onto another pattern fabric
- cut into 3" squares or any size you like. I made some with several sizes layered which where effective, 3 inch 2 inch and one inch, harder to get the needle through but they looked pretty
- cut from corner about 2/3rds of the way into the middle
- bring needle through from the back and catch each alternate corner then pass thread back down through to secure the "sails" in place.
- add a button and hanging thread