Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Autumn and more Copper Cards

** The greeting is matted on rust colour card not pink :-( the flash has caught it badly and makes it look wrong. Thats in answer to a conversation I had the other day ;-)

I did a major clear out over the weekend and found a lot of card that I bought ages ago in colours I am not keen on, but it has come in handy for these cards. I made it a project to try and use some of it and I am having a lot of fun with what I have made so far.

If you want to have a go at a similar card to this here is how I made it.

I embossed some of this metalic pearl paper with the Cuttlebug, a bit of fiddling and I got a fairly even coverage of the leaves using the embossing folder
I then rubbed the raised parts with Versamark and rubbed some pearl mica powder over in copper and other metalic colours. It doesn't show too well here but it has a fab multicolour sheen.
I had this copper card but it was a bit too bright so by rubbing a Brown Stazon pad over the edges and rubbing it the ik took away some of the sheen to make a matt with
now looks like this
I stamped some leaves around the edge of the Mink Pearl card base and heat embossed it with clear powder
With the cutting folder of the set I cut 6 leaves and embossed them in the Cuttlebug, then I rubbed them with brown, red, yellow and dark orange stazon to give an Autumn colour effect
Stamp and matt a greeting onto Core'dinations and rub the edges with a mini sander tool to distress it
Matt the paper onto the bronze matt then onto the main card and add the leaves with some decoupage pads and some just flat to give a raised effect and thats the card finished. I hope you like some of the effects I have used here.


These are double embossed images mounted onto simple cards and the papers I made yesterday made into cards

5 comments:

  1. oooooo wow, each post I look at on your blog I am finding more and more fantastic projects... you really work hard... i ma so slow at making things :) I really love this set of cards
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! i am in awe at the beautiful cards you made! the first with the leaves is stunning and even more stunning after seeing all the work that you put into it :0) thanks so much for joining us on crafty creations :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow!! Gorgeous fall card with the copper leaves!!! Thanks for sharing how you did it all too! Lovely cards; all of them! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work!! Beautiful autumn cards. Glad you stopped by and played with us at Crafty Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful card, so elegant!! Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)