Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Forever Friends Cards

This is a lovely product to work with, I am not a huge decoupage fan but I love these papers and they make quick easy cards for the days when the old grey cells are a bit slow !! lol

The card above - Gatefold a sheet of A4 , cut 2 pieces of paper for the "gates" I generally round all corners so will not say that again. Put ribbon around the papers before mounting it on the card as it helps to hide rough edges. Make up the decoupage and matt onto coordinating cardstock, same for the greeting and stick to the card ensure you only glue one side so it opens!! Add "bling" stickles, gems etc and an insert.
A4 half fold card - cut a matt and add ribbon and stick to the card, matt another piece for the decoupage topper. I cut on the Cricut but you can use nesties etc and then I ran the mount and backing paper through the Cuttlebug with Swiss Dots. Matt the greeting, assemble and add gems, very easy that one. The following 3 cards are made in a similar fashion.
The next card is an A6 gatefolded but I scored 2 lines each side to make a 1/4" spine as I put the decoupage inside so needed a bit of room for it. I put ribbon on the 2 pieces of matt paper for the front before sticking it to the card, matt the greeting and glue to one side, this will also make the closure for the card. I put a velcro dot to the other side of the greeting the coresponding piece is glued to the other gate so it meets and holds shut.
Matt paper to the inside of the card, add a ribbon border top and bottom and add the decoupage topper.

Hope you enjoy these cards :-)
xx

1 comment:

  1. Love the multi image on the stacked shapes. So cool looking!

    ReplyDelete

Contact - slowef@aol.com
Don't forget to become a Follower :-)